Technically Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Release Predictions

2 posters

Go down

Future Release Predictions Empty Future Release Predictions

Post  Lark Dawkins Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:04 pm

So now one exaggerates my opinions to future releases and their success, I will be leaving my final pre-release opinions here. If anyone else wants to, feel free to as well.
Lark Dawkins
Lark Dawkins
Admin

http://larksevenzero.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Future Release Predictions Empty Re: Future Release Predictions

Post  Lark Dawkins Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:28 pm

The Walking Dead: Survival Instincts

Personally, I'm getting tired of the hype over this game. Virtually no details about the gameplay have been released, other than it will be a survival FPS. I've put a lot of effort in trying to find any details I could. The most I've come up with is that it will be level based, where you select a location to go to and repeat. From what I can tell it looks like a CoD style game, with less bullets and a food/thirst system. While I think these are good features of a survival game, I can't stop hitting a wall that yells: LEVEL BASED. Not RPG, I leveled up my turnip harvesting skill, type of level. But mission to mission, back to back story progression. All in all, the only thing this game has going good for itself are Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker.

Reasons why I'm hopeful:
Developer: Terminal Reality.
Terminal Reality developed one of my favorite movie based video games ever, Ghostbusters. I highly praise Ghostbusters as a fan of the franchise and agree with those who think it should be classified as the equivalent to the 3rd movie.
The Walking Dead Video Game
The comic related video was such a tremendous success in its own right, so theres hope that Survival Instincts may do well.

Reasons why I'm afraid:
Terrible Trailers.
The gameplay trailer showing the game in its alpha state did a good job and showing only the basics of the gameplay. All it managed to do was look like a Left 4 Dead style game.
The newest "Gameplay" trailer is absolutely terrible. Gameplay trailer means you're going to show off the aspects of your GAMEPLAY. The trailer is good in its own rights and your standard kind of trailer, show the plot and some gameplay. But its a GAMEPLAY trailer. What amount of actual gameplay that isn't overshadowed by the storytelling part of the trailer, is still the basics shown in the previous trailer.
Information
Little to none.
Movie/TV Budget Games
Thats all it is in the end, a budget tie in game to a TV series. After the colossal failure of Aliens: Colonial Marines, which looked amazing before release, I have fear that this game will fall flat, only having been lifted up in the first place by a ridiculous amount of hype.

Predicted Rating: 6/10

In the end, I think fans of the series will enjoy the game, it won't be that good otherwise. So far it looks mediocre to me.
I'll put down $5 to pre-order it and if it does outstandingly better than what I thought I'll buy it by the end of the week to write a full review on it.

Also "Herd Mode" is most likely gonna be CoD's classic zombies mode.
Lark Dawkins
Lark Dawkins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BeyondGroovyGaming Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:36 am

Defiance: IT'S GONNA BE SWEET.
BeyondGroovyGaming
BeyondGroovyGaming

Back to top Go down

Post  Lark Dawkins Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 am

BeyondGroovyGaming wrote:Defiance: IT'S GONNA BE SWEET.

Aw yeah, did you see any of the gameplay from that? I think it was IGN that played an hour with the developers, it looked so cool.
Lark Dawkins
Lark Dawkins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lark Dawkins Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:25 pm

The Walking Dead: Survival Instincts put out their launch trailer. In addition to that, it seems as though nobody got to review it pre-release, which usually bodes bad news after release without that critical feedback for any form of media. :I

But on the good side of news, positive feedback has been received from Defiance's first two beta sessions! Way to support new IPs! If we're lucky, we'll be saying hello to the first Xbox MMO since the successful Final Fantasy XI! c:
Lark Dawkins
Lark Dawkins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum